A new way to get your Medication and Appliances
Pembroke Surgery will be going live with the second stage of Electronic Prescribing on the 10th October 2014. If you wish to use the new electronic prescribing service for your repeat medication, please read the attached Patient Information Leaflet (below link) for details to see if you are suitable in the first instance.
If you would like to use the Electronic Prescription Service see the important points below
- You will need to ‘nominate’ a pharmacy to receive your prescriptions electronically. You can ask a member of staff in the pharmacy to arrange this, or print and complete the nomination form below, returning it to the surgery for processing.
- You can then continue to order your prescriptions in the usual way, but instead of a paper prescription being collected by you or your pharmacy, the prescription will be sent to them electronically.
- Electronic repeat dispensing will not usually be set up straight away. If appropriate, your GP will set this up when your medicines are next reviewed e.g. after your annual check.
- You should try to ensure that on most occasions you collect your prescriptions from your nominated Pharmacy. However, if you don’t wish to use your nominated Pharmacy for a particular prescription just make sure you let the surgery know when you request the prescription. For example if you wish to collect a prescription from the surgery reception, or a different pharmacy.
- Nomination is very flexible and can be cancelled at any time by asking a member of staff at the pharmacy or the surgery
- The EPS2 service is still in service development, unfortunately currently some drugs and appliances will not be available via the EPS2 system. (For example "Controlled Drugs"). However if you arrange a "Prescription Collection Service" with your local Pharmacist, then any non-EPS prescription items can be collected by the Pharmacy. In this way your complete drug order can be processed ready for your collection from the Pharmacist without further inconvenience for you.
N.B. Update for ALL patients on changing nominated Pharmacies.
Please note that since our "go live date" some of our patients have requested a Pharmacy change mid-prescription transaction. Unfortunately this appears to be causing lots of IT issues and additional workload as a result. Therefore please be aware that we can only change your nominated Pharmacy BEFORE issuing another electronic prescription. Alternatively you can sign up your nomination at a Pharmacy of your choice between issues with us, as the Pharmacy system will automatically update your record here with the new nominated pharmacy details.